June 11, 2012

Simplest cake with no butter


Have a major cake in agenda, reason being my son's b'day and on my shopping to procure some stuffs , I found this beautiful butterfly silicon mould. I cudnt stop myselves from buying it , I know many would agree with me in that aspect of 'shopping' :)
Ok anyway that same afternoon my daughter was quite restless missing her brother who started with full day school and hence we both decided to bake a cake which is really really simple. I have heard this recipe before and just last week my friend also told about it and so thought of giving it a try and also to try out my new mould :)

Following is the recipe
Eggs - 3 no.s ( I took country eggs)
Flour- 1/2 cup ( whole wheat )
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/4 tspn
Milk - 2 tbpsn
Choco chips

Method
Beat eggs with an egg beater till fluffy and double or even the triple its quantity. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and whisk again and also add the vanilla essence. Fold in the flour and and also add the milk. Finally throw in the choco chips ( this is only for the sake of being fancy :) ) and pour in the mould and bake at 170 degrees celsius in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
 
Remove from oven and let it cool.. Serve !
Pretty easy na.. and no butter or oil too...
Bake and enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute shape :) so inviting!!
    http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...