August 27, 2012

Steel cut oats with spicy butter milk


My recent discovery is about steel cut oats, yes a very good friend mentioned about this to me, she has been sourcing from abroad but now since everything is very much available in India, I could procure it easily with no difficulties.

Personally speaking I dont prefer the bland nature of oats and hence I resort making dosas/pancakes/crepes with it with different combinations otherwise a porridge using milk and sugar. Once can always substitute sugar with natural sweeteners like fresh fruits or dry fruits but when I planned on using this oats I had loads of buttermilk in my kitchen, hence tried this way. Recipe follows

Ingredients
Steel cut oats - 1/2 cup
Water- 1 1/2 cup
Buttermilk - 2 cups
Cucumber - 2 
Carrots - 2 
Bird eye chillies - 3- 5 
Basil leaves
Salt and pepper

Method
Place the water in a sauce pan and let it boil and add the oats into the boiling water. Keep stirring and cook the oats for around 5-7 minutes and remove from fire. Pour in the buttermilk , chop in the carrots and cucumber and slightly mashed or well mashed chillies and also tear in the basil leaves into it . Add salt and pepper to your taste. If you wish you may avoid pepper and its done!

And I vouch its tasty for your tongue and easy on your tummy 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very new & nice

    http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...