December 16, 2012

Brown beaten rice chocolate squares




Was thinking of making some snack for the kids to take to school  and  that day I dint have anything  to pack for them. No, I usually don't stock store bought snacks and my thought went this way while spreading my dosas :)..it was to temper some chocolate and roast some organic brown beaten rice and add to it and make poha rocks .. :) nice na..

Ok .. I need to confess that I don't have an exact measurement of the ingredients of this recipe, reason b'coz I was in a jiffy and I ran out of time to pick up my cups and spoons.

What you need
 1) A bar of cooking chocolate
 2) Some organic brown beaten rice (poha)

Method
Heat a wok and dry roast the poha till it crisp.
Meanwhile temper the chocolate using a double boiler. 

Tempering is melting finely chopped cooking chocolate using double boiler
Double boiling is cooking using the steam. Finely chop the chocolate in a vessel. Keep it over a bowl of boiling water. Also make sure the steam doesn't enter the chocolate and also the water should boil in the minimum flame possible

Once the chocolate is melted mix the dry roasted poha into it and mix well. Spread the mixture on a butter paper and spread evenly and refrigerate for 7-9 mins. Its advisable not to refrigerate for long time, because the chocolate starts condensing. You can even leave it at room temperature to set and then cut in squares and store in an airtight container

Note: You can deep fry the poha instead of dry roasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...