August 24, 2016

Whole wheat dil leaves crackers recipe


Akki roti is one my fav Karnataka delicacies and last week I learnt the recipe and tips and techniques to learn from a friend and made it two consecutive days in full excitement. I am saying about akki roti here because I love dil leaves in akki roti and I placed an order for dil leaves with my grocer but when the leaves arrived I realised I ran out of akki roti flour. Hence this idea popped up in my mind and since I love the flavour of dil leaves dint waits to try out the recipe which was playing in my mind.





Recipe follows

Ingredients

Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups
Dill leaves (finely chopped) – ¼ cup (packed)
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp.
Ghee- 1 tbsp.
Sugar – 1-2 tbsp.
Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
Garlic powder – 1 tsp.
Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp.
Salt – ¾ tsp.
Baking powder – a pinch (1/8 tsp.)
Milk – enough to knead soft dough

Method
  • In a huge bowl put the whole wheat flour and all the rest of the ingredients except milk. 
  • Mix all the ingredients well with a fork. 
  • Slowly add the milk to make a soft dough, neither too wet nor to dry or hard.
  • Let the dough rest for 10 minutes
  • Take an empty food grade cover with three sides closed or you could simply take two food grade plastic sheets. Keep the dough in between and roll out into thin sheets. Take a cutter and cut squares of the rolled dough. Place these squares in a greased baking tray or a silicon sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes until the edges slightly turn golden brown colour.
  • Remove the crackers from the tray and place in a wire rack to cool. Once cool the crackers will turn crisp and crunchy.
  • If not place the crackers in the tray and place it back in the oven for another few minutes but be careful it doesn’t get burnt!!
  • Once cooled store in an airtight jar
Note : you could vary the spice measurements to your taste.


Done :)
Thanks
Chaithanya


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...