July 30, 2015

Brown poha ( brown beaten rice) pancakes recipe


This may not be a typical pancake recipe; frankly speaking this has been made to make my daughter consume eggs. Yea she finds it difficult to consume eggs in any form. Sometimes I feel I should stop serving her eggs.  But still, yet another attempt. So this time I added poha and I was delighted to see her happily eating and hence this post.
I use brown poha in our diet and for this pancake I powdered the poha and sieved it. Mixed it with few eggs and milk and served it with honey, can’t wait to share the recipe.




Ingredients
Eggs ( I use small country eggs) – 3 no.s
Milk- ¾ cup
Water - ½ cup 
Sugar and salt - as required
Vanilla essence – a drop (optional)
Poha – ½ cup- finely powdered and sieved

Method
Mix in all the ingredients and leave it in a bowl, it will look watery but leave it for 20 minutes  to see the poha absorbing the liquid and batter turning out to be a thicker pancake batter.
Heat up your cast iron skillet and add a little butter/ghee and pour a ladle full of batter, once you see once side brown, flip it and remove from the skillet.

Serve it with any jam/syrup, I served with honey


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...