September 25, 2015

Quickie dosa | No fermentation crispy dosa | Rava dosa recipe




By now you all would have understood that I am not regular with keeping dosa batter stored for the simple reason that I forget soaking, grinding and the bulb in my brain only lights up just before I hit bed. So it was a similar night yesterday and I remember this recipe from a book I read and I thought of giving it a go! Just soaked a cup of urad dal and hit the bed. 


Next day I made this dosa as per the recipe, yea it’s not my recipe, no credits for me please... my dear husband couldn’t stop eating this dosa, kids loved it too.. I am so happy that another quickie dosa is added to the list, I can’t get happier. And no, I have never bought ready-made batters in my life. Ever! 
Excited to share this simple and yummy recipe, can’t wait. 
I picked  the recipe from my favourite book ' Banana goes to the heaven' , love the easy Indian recipes in the book. 
  


Ingredients
Urad dal - 1 cup
Chirtooti rava (fine rava, usually used for making sweets) - 1/2 kg
Water - as required
Salt

Method
  • Soak the urad dal overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
  • Grind it well into a smooth paste.
  • Add the rava into the urad dal batter, add sufficient water and mix well.
  • Add salt and leave it to rest for about 20-30 minutes
  • Heat the cast iron tava (I don’t use non-stick) and then keep the sesame oil/gingelly oil ready and a small bowl of water too. (now that’s my way of making any dosa ) I love the theatre while cooking ;).
  • Heat the tawa to maximum heat, drizzle the oil and sprinkle some water, now this is done to balance the heat of the tawa.
  • Take a ladle of batter and keep spreading in circular motion.
  • Close the dosa with a lid for about 30 seconds, open and drizzle a little more oil on top.
  • Slowly and gently flip the dosa and let it crisp.
  • Serve hot crispy dosa with sambar, chutney,  pickle, all or any or any of your preferred combinations 



Variations : You can add green chillies, coriander and spices into the batter 
You could use the usual semolina as well, but check the consistency of the batter before you start making dosa, or you could even grind it. 
Will try the normal rava next time. 

2 comments:

  1. A recipe to be bookmarked! We love dosa at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am sure u will love this recipe 😊

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...