September 8, 2015

Buttermilk dosa using unpolished rice

 
I always make curd at home and once in two days I remove butter and I have lots of buttermilk in hand. Mostly I make spiced buttermilk and make curries. I give a lot of spiced buttermilk to my help too but since she has been on a holiday I had lots of it. I dint want to make any curry either hence thought of grinding the rice for dosas.
I used unpolished rice and beaten rice ( poha /aval in malayalam) for this recipe.
 
 
 
 
The recipe is as follows
 
Ingredients
Unpolished dosa rice/ sona masuri rice - 2 cups
Butter milk - 2-4 cups
Beaten rice - 1/3 cup
Baking soda - a pinch
Salt - as required
 
Method
Wash the rice well and soak in 2 cups of buttermilk overnight.
Next morning drain the excess buttermilk and grind the rice fine. Also grind the soaked beaten rice.
Add in the buttermilk until you get a right consistency of the batter which is a little more thinner than the usual dosas and a little thicker than neer dosa batter, if I may say.
Add salt and a pinch of baking soda and let the batter rest for about 10-15 minutes
Make dosa as usual in the tava, no need to flip.
 
  • You could take one portion of ordinary sona masuri rice and one portion of unpolished rice
  • If you dislike sourness make sure you use buttermilk which is fresh and has not turned sour ( it turns sour once you leave in room temperature for few hours )
  • Serve it with sambhar, chutney or pickle.
  • I used cast iron tava and used sesame oil to smear on the tava.. the dosas came out good an did not stick to the tava.
  • Serve hot!!!
Thanks
Chaithanya
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...