February 4, 2016

Pickled Strawberries recipe

Some fresh strawberries have been lying in my fridge for the past few days and it had become  not so fresh anymore…jam and milkshakes have been in my mind but I dint want to make those. Cakes, cookies, scones too went thru my mind, dint want to do that either.

All of a sudden thought of pickling it … has no idea how that spark came in. I was quite uncertain about the outcome too... But yet just gave it a try. I must say I am digging the berries from the jar whenever I pass by.

And the best thing there is no added sugar, efforts or any other frills attached. Simply chop add salt, sugar, green chillies and few spoons of vinegar.




Now the recipe looks like this
Strawberries (cut into 4 ) – 250 gms
Water
Salt and sugar – as per taste
Vinegar – 1-2 tbsp. (depending on the sourness of the strawberries)
Green chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)

Method

Take a clean glass jar and fill in with the chopped strawberries. Add the salt, sugar and chopped green chillies and shake the bottle. Add water just above the level of the berries. Add the vinegar too.
Shake again and leave it aside.
Let it sit for few hours and then enjoy nonstop 

Note: You may reduce the heat by reducing the number of green chillies you use 

Thanks and regards
Chaithanya


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...