August 4, 2014

Whole green gram and oats dosa recipe

Whole green gram and oats dosa recipe : Something quick, easy and healthy !



As I have mentioned in many of my previous posts I mostly miss to soak rice or pulses for the traditional dosas and idlis in the south Indian kitchen , another reason being my little girl has an aversion towards urad dal except when its made to vadas.. tricky I know! .. But dare any mother challenge little kids with any breakfast thing which is not of their taste or choice early in the morning. No , don't worry not junk or cereals either.. I just can never bring myselves feeding cereals for breakfast for growing up kids so far!
Having said about it , I just soaked some green gram and went to sleep at night. Morning put together moong with oats and made some crispy dosas , mom and kids both happy :)

Ingredients
Whole moong dal - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1 cup
Salt - as required
Water - sufficient 

Method
Soak the whole moong overnight and grind in the morning along with one cup of oats.
Add water to bring the batter to the required consistency.
Keep the tava on flame and heat it.
Sprinkle water if the tava happens to be too hot and then smear the tawa with sesame oil and make dosas as usual. You can really spread thin dosas with this batter.
Enjoy with coconut chutney, tomato chutney or podi.

I usually make dosas in the traditional cast iron tava, the more you use it the more it get seasoned. I have been using it for years for the reason that I detest using nonstick vessels. We just need few drops of oil and the dosas comes out tadty and crispy in this tava.

I made a simply chutney griding coconut, onions and green chilies toegther seasoning with a poinch of salt., simple and goes well with this dosa.

Enjoy :)


PLEASE NOTE : This batter needs no fermentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...