July 6, 2012

Multigrain choco- chip cookies


Its been long I have blogged and its even more longer that I have baked some cookies, I was seriously thinking of substituting sugar with something healthier and just the other day I made some jaggery syrup at home. So when I saw my freshly collected home made butter and this jaggery syrup I thought of going a step high in making some crunchy cookies and hence the resultant product. Fine will take you to the recipe too !

Ingredients
Ragi flour - 1/3 cup
Barley flour - 1/2 cup
Powdered coconut- 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/3 cup
Jaggery syrup- 1/3 cup
Sesame seeds - 2-3 tspn
Choco chips - a handful
Baking powder - a pinch

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except the choco chips into a soft dough , add the choco chips in the final stage of mixing 
Scoop small quantities of the dough and place in a greased baking tray .
Place the tray in the top rack of the oven and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes and then grill for another few minutes until the top and bottm of the cookie is slightly browned. 
Remove the cookies to a wire rack and let it cool!
Store in an airtight container and enjoy the cookies with your tea
Totally guilt free cookies !! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chaitanya first time here you have a delicious collection of recipes. the cookies looks yummy glad to follow you. Do visit my space in ur free time.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...