April 27, 2013

Garlic- copra ( dried coconut) chutney




Cooking/experimenting doesn't always happen by a mega plan, most of it is instantaneous, at least for me .. and I love that instant brainstorming, experimenting, cooking, tasting , appreciating and everything relating to it.
So for this chutney, the motivation is a sackful of kopra brought by my mother in law from hometown. She carried it all the way and I thought I need to make the best use of it. Of course she helped me in cleaning it and making it ready for my work .. all thanks to her, God bless her :)

I will go to the recipe and get in detail about it. For this chutney you need

Ingredients
Garlic - 50 gms ( skinned)
Dried coconut- 1/2 kg
Tamarind - 25 gms
Red chillies - 100- 150 gms
Salt - as required

Method
Roast the grated coconut in a dry hot kadai until it turns slightly brown.
Roast garlic, tamarind, chilies also separately in hot kadai without oil.
Mix everything together with required salt and then pound or dry grind them together until the ingredients are well blended. Store in a glass jar
It goes well with dosas, idlis and even with rice ..Enjoy while it lasts!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...