September 17, 2013

Baked bitter gourd crispies

Now this is something I am making very regularly these days for the only bitter gourd lover in my family who is my dear husband. I like to make something simple, consuming less time yet tasty with it. So once I tried baking  and it turned out good and there was no looking back since then. This recipe has turned to be his favorite way of having his bitter gourd. Another good thing about the recipe is once you place the tray in the oven, you can move on to the rest of the cooking you ought to do in the kitchen.

I promise I will click a pic next time I make, yea I make it very often these days and following is the recipe for the same

Ingredients
Bitter gourd - 250gms
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tspns
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspns
Salt - as required
Olive oil - to drizzle
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Green chillis- as required

Method
Preheat the oven ( OTG) at 200 degrees.
Wash, slit and remove the seeds of the bitter-gourd and slice it thin.
Throw the cut bitter-gourd in the baking tray and add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and spread it evenly in the tray.
Now place the tray in the middle rack and bake for about 15-20 mins or until you see the gourd shrinks but doesn't get burnt. 
Now  turn the knob to grill mode and grill for another 5-10 mins, making sure that you don't burn the gourd, to be on a safer side you may remove the tray and mix and spread the gourds. Remove the tray once done. Enjoy it hot with rice, or with rotis having a gravy by the side. My dear husband enjoys it with rice as well as roti. So its your take :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...