March 19, 2012

Home made Nutella



 Once you get a jar of Nutella home, it keeps coming, a new jar always replaces  an old jar! :) Its so addictive and I love their containers too.


 I just stumbled upon discussions in few food groups about Nutella and its ingredients. So I just thought to give it a try just to make sure what it is and know what goes in it and made it yesterday and yes it was so easy and quick.  My kids did realise the change in taste slightly but all is ok as long as we are able to convince them about why the taste change. My kids loved it of course! I can offer them something nice guilt free. So here goes in the recipe for home made nutella. Being my first experiment with Nutella I just tried with half cup of hazelnuts.




Homemade Nutella
  1. 1/2  cup toasted hazelnuts
  2. 2 tbspn of cooking chocolate + 1 tspn cocoa powder
  3. 1/4 cup  powdered sugar
  4. One vanilla bean 
  5. a pinch of salt 
  6. 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Place the hazelnuts in your mixer or blender and blend continuously until they turn into a smooth butter, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth and creamy. You could scrape the inside part of the vanilla bean and add into the mixture and blend. If stored in the refrigerator, the nutella is good 2 weeks.
Note :You could use hazelnut oil if you could procure, I used coconut oil tho' wasnt bad either, it did give a slight sweetness. 
You could reduce the measurement of coconut oil to 1 tbspn , if you don't want the spread runny
If you couldnt get hold of vanilla bean use 1/3 tspn of vanilla essence

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. i love home made chocolate spread..:)) I made a similar one but without the coconut oil..:))
    This is lovely..:))
    Thanks for sharing dear..:))
    Glad to follow you..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...