September 11, 2013

Finger millet - oats dosa ( Instant raagi-oats dosa)

These days I am not planning the breakfast for the next day, just not happening.  So last night with whatever grocery left in my kitchen I thought of soaking some urad dal and then thought of making raagi - oats dosa for the next day. I experimented and it turned out good and yes I got a pat on my back from my family :)

Ingredients
Urad dal- 1/2 cup
Ragi flour - 1 cup
Oats - 1 cup

Method 
Soak urad dal for 4-5 hours or overnight.
Grind dal and oats separately to a fine paste.
Add the ragi flour in this batter and add more water to make it thin, to the consistency of a normal dosa batter. 
You may keep the batter aside for 10-15 mins for the minimum fermentation that can happen in that time. I did this and the result was good :)
Add salt to the batter and spread dosas as usual
I served this dosa with coconut- shallots- red chilli- tamarind chutney and the verdict was 'yum'
Try and enjoy!

1 comment:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...