September 10, 2013

Rice- coconut and oats dosa

Rice- coconut and oats dosa



Before getting into the post I confess that I have been not updating my experiments lately and also in this post you will not find any picture. I may click a pic next time when I do this recipe. I made this dosa  this morning and my family loved it, so thought of archiving it before I forget it and promise that I will upload a pic soon.


Following is the recipe

Ingredients 
Dosa rice( I use organic)- 1.5 cups
Grated coconut - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
Oats - 3/4 cup

This is an instant dosa which means you can make the batter and carry on making it too , there is not need of any fermentation.
Method
Soak the rice for couple for hours.
Grind the rice, coconut and oats separately to a fine paste.
Mix everything and add sufficient water to make the batter thin. If you are good at making neer dosa or love it, you may add more water.
Add salt to the batter and keep it ready.
Turn on the tava and spread dosas as usual.
Its healthy, slightly sweet and yum and can be accompanied with any spicy curries, chutnies or even with jam or honey and even ghee and sugar :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...