January 13, 2015

Poppy seeds and white chocolate chips cookies

Poppy seeds and white chocolate chips cookies


These days I want to explore a lot on recipes but I feel a little lazy in blogging and I am not happy about it. Nevertheless I want to record my experiments and share it with my readers. So here goes the recipe before I miss it from my mind :)






Ingredients

Whole wheat flour - 1 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds =- 2 tbspn
Butter- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup ( powdered)
Baking powder - a pinch
Egg - one ( optional)
Milk - few tspns
Vanilla essence- 1 tspn

Method

Preheat the oven  at 150 degrees Celsius
In a huge bowl mix the flour, poppy seeds, softened butter, baking powder, vanilla essence and egg. Use few spoons of milk just to bring the soft dough together.Please dont knead the dough hard! it will spoil the texture of the cookies.
Make small balls from the dough, slightly flatten it and keep on the greased baking tray and bake for about 15 mins or until the sides turn slightly brown. If you prefer to have a golden brown top turn the knob of the oven to grill mode for few minutes. Once done quickly remove the cookies with a spatula and let it cool on a wire rack.
Once cool the cookies will turn crispy and crunchy.
Bake and enjoy :)
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...