January 22, 2013

Banana chips





I remember making banana chips years back in my mom's kitchen and had totally forgotten about it, mom never encouraged me to make it after one trial and that speaks everything about it :) . Anyway I never bothered to try this at home until my little girl asked me to make at home. So I thought of giving it a try and I was happy with the result and so my kids when they saw the chips in their snacks box, love the delight on their faces. 

So this is how I made it 

Ingredients
Raw bananas - 2 - 3 long ones
Oil to fry ( I use coconut oil)
Salt - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
water 2 - 3 tbsp

Method
Wash the bananas and make a thin  vertical slit which makes it easier to peel the skin of the banana and then keep it aside.
Now you mix the salt and turmeric powder in water and keep aside, also keep a spoon handy.
Now keep the kadai on the stove and pour in the oil.
Once you realize that oil is hot enough take a slicer , if you have an adjustable slicer, adjust it to make sure you don't slice it too thin or too thick, slice the banana to the hot oil, the slices starts to fry and once the sizzling sound stops  add the salt and turmeric mixture with a spoon to the hot oil. It starts to sizzle again and once the sizzling stops, remove the chips from oil to drain it to a tissue paper.
Repeat!!
Let the chips cool and store it in an airtight container as long as it lasts! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good one Chaithanya !! finally i saw it and going to make these !! will let u know how they turned out, urs seems really crispy and crunchy, lets see how i make 'em ;)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...