June 22, 2016

3 flour murukku it is!

That day when I realised there are no munchies at home and me being me don’t like my family feeding on store bought munchies hence checked my grocery. And I remembered I had bought urad flour from the market last week, so just went on to exploring  making some crispy snack. If we check on to murukku recipe there is no dearth for it with the variety of combinations it has. Hence I thought of going my way.

Picked out rice flour , gram flour, and rice flour and mixed and kneaded  with some spices and extruded using using the chakkuli maker and used the thick seviya strand moulds.
Anyway the The recipe follows....





Ingredients
  •   1 cup urad flour
  •   1 cup gram flour
  •   1 cup rice flour
  •   Ghee – 2- 3  tsp.
  •   Water – as required
  •   Spices – (jeera, ajwain, asoafetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, sesame seeds)
  •   Salt

Method
In a huge bowl throw in all the flours, ghee and spices and mix well and then add water little by little and make a not so soft dough, dough will be sticky so use a fork to start mixing the dough and use your palm at a later stage. Let the dough rest for 10- 20 mins.
Heat the oil and fill the dough in the murukku press and then hold the press above the hot oil and squeeze out the dough in the hot oil. Turn the murukku over and remove it it to a kitchen towel once it stops bubbling.

Note :
The dough will be sticky use a little water to put out just enough dough to fill in the mould.
Fry in high flame
If the dough turns out to be watery add any of the flours  little more since wet dough will absorb oil.


Thanks you 
Chaithanya

2 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...