September 23, 2013

Walnut and hazelnut wholewheat brownies





Its been sometime that I have not baked cake/brownie, the reason being I am becoming a little averse when it comes to adding the raising agents in the bakes. I am sure a person who loves baking cannot have such expectations but seriously speaking I hold back my selves from it. As it is there are a lot of unwanted things going into ours and ours kids body, so why more , got to wait and see as to how long it goes :)
You would have noticed that I love baking cookies, reason being we can bake cookies with min or no raising agents. But when last week when my son pleaded me to bake something I just couldn't say no to him and I started googling and found this wonderful recipe. I did give some slight  modifications but totally worth it. This recipe is worth saving with or without the changes, as the original recipe says it the best ever brownies..So here it goes


Ingredients

Butter - 185 gms
Cooking chocolate - 185 gms
Whole wheat flour +cocoa powder (3 tbspn)- 1 cup
100 gms - white chocolate bits
Half cup of hazelnuts and walnuts - coarsely chopped.
Vanilla essence - 1 tspn
Eggs- 3 
Sugar - 3/4 cup

Method

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a wide square pan and keep aside.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, once melted keep the mixture aside and let it cool.
Sieve the flour and cocoa and keep aside in the sieve.
Break the eggs and add in the sugar (powdered) and beat until soft and fluffy for around 5-7 mins. Add vanilla essence.
Gradually add the cooled chocolate-butter mixture and stir slowly with a spatula, making sure that you don't break the air in the beaten eggs.
Now gradually sift the flour-cocoa mixture into the batter and slowly fold in the batter using a spatula.
Finally add the white chocolate bits and the nuts bits and fold in again.
Now pour the batter in the pan, spread it out evenly and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I bet this brownies are yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...