March 6, 2015

Recipe for rose flavoured palpayasam

Recipe for rose flavoured palpayasam

I know what you guys must be thinking, again dried rose petals recipe...yea, I have been smitten by it and what better occasion than Holi to use it up :)
I saw ample recipes using dried rose petals but finally thought of infusing it in my palpayasam recipe. I have a recipe of palpayasam which I usually make in pressure cooker. Did the same recipe but with a twist. So here goes the recipe




Ingredients

Rice - 1/3 cup ( I use jeera rice)
Ghee - 1 tspn
Milk - 500 ml
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Milk powder - 1/2 cup
Dried rose petals - 2 tbspn
Chopped dry fruits for garnish.

Method
Wash and drain the rice
Keep the pressure pan on stove, add ghee and roast the rice in the ghee for about 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the milk, add the sugar and close the lid of the pressure cooker and pressure cook for about 1-2 whistles.
Open the lid once pressure is released and add the rose petals, stir in the milk powder and stir for another few minutes.
Serve hot or cold and garnish with finely chopped nuts.

Note: 
  • Adding milk powder is optional, you may return the pressure cooker on stove and cook for sometime to make the payasam thick.
  • You may tie the rose petals in a small potli and add to the payasam and remove it off once its flavour has entered the payasam . I did that since I was afraid my kids would make a big fuss on seeing the petals.

Cook and enjoy :)
thanks
Chaithanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...