March 11, 2012

Home made paneer


Making paneer at home is no big deal , but when few of my friends and my sister asked about it recently  thought of taking a picture and telling about it here. Making fresh paneer at home is no rocket science and need no extra time than boiling the milk. I dont  make paneer dishes quite often  at home , but whenever I do , I make paneer at home. So here are the rules I follow to make my home made paneer :)

Ingredients
Milk ( preferably full cream ) - 1 litre
Lemon juice - of two med sized lemons

Method
Take a vessel and pour in the milk and let it boil. Squeeze in the lemon juice till you see the whey separates. Put off the flame and keep the vessel covered for sometime. Take a clean muslin cloth and keep it over a big sieve. Pour in the split milk and collect the paneer in the cloth. You can wash the paneer in fresh running water to remove the sourness of the lemon. Tie the cloth and keep a weight over the cloth so that the whey is removed totally. You can keep the refrigerate the paneer  for sometime if you want to get perfect cubes. Make sure you collect the whey and not throw it off in the drain.

You can use citric acid, lemon, sour curd or even buttermilk to split the milk. When I use buttermilk or curd I dont wash the paneer , since it hardly has any sourness.

The whey removed can be used for cooking rice, kneading dough for chapathis,  in soups, in gravies and what not. It can also be used to split the milk when you wan to make paneer the next time. 

Enjoy making you fresh home made paneer!!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing can compare with home made.. Paneer...Wow!!
    You have a wonderful space here..Glad to follow you... Do visit my space in your free time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Divya..will peep into your space right now :)

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...