March 12, 2012

Whole wheat jaggery cake







I know this picture looks bad , but nevertheless its quite close to my heart as its one the early pic I took when I had just started the journey of my culinary experiments :) . By now you would have seen that I stay away from using white flour for my bakes and experiment with other flours and this was the first among the few first experiments.
I have got positive feedback from quite a lot of people who tried this cake . So following is the recipe for the same . Try making it , I am sure you will fell less guilty of having a cake and eating it too!!!

Ingredients
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups jaggery ( powdered)
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

Method
In a large mixer bowl blend oil and jaggery in an electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla; beat in eggs one at a time. In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder (1 teaspoon of salt optional). Add to egg mixture until well blended.
Pour batter into a greased and lightly floured pan. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50-60 minutes until the cake tests done. Cool in pan, then invert on serving plate. Optional to sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

1 comment:

  1. Cake with wheat and jaggery!! Very nice.. Can enjoy it guilt free..

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...