May 22, 2012

Guacamole




I got good avocados again, and guess I am getting a hang of it in choosing the right ones. This time I chose to make guacamole, since it is very easy to make too.

Moslty gucamole is made my mashing the avocodos by fork or other manual means and then chop the onion, tomatoes, squeeze the lime etc etc. But I have a habit of trying easier means to most of the recipes. Hence, as always I have used my food processor to make this dip. It wasn't bad either. Probably some of you might shudder by this idea but the rest may try it :)

Ingredients
Med sized ripe avocados - 2 no.s
Med sized onion - 1 
Tomato - 1 ( remove the seeds )
Chillies- 2 
Coriander leaves - a few
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Lime - 1
Salt and pepper

Method

Throw in all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for around less than a minute. Remove from the blender to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips. I made flour tortillas at home and had it with the freshly made guacamole

Tips
When buying avocados check for the medium size ones totally green in colour and with no black spots, it should look fresh and smooth
Let it stay for 3-4 days and check its tenderness once a day and dont wait to use it until it turns black or is more tender. You use it just when you feel it is slightly tender. I am sure you will get it right because we just cannot miss this healthy fruit.
The guacamole tastes better when served chilled too.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...